Some would say this is all about new wine in old bottles. Actually it’s not. The global and European IP environment is changing dramatically and at a speed that we have never seen before, driven largely by digital evolution and technological developments. Some would say that change is overdue but even very experienced IP legal practitioners find it difficult to keep up with the pace of change in this area of law. Here are some of the current and imminent key changes:
- Unified Patent and the Unified Patent Court system in Europe;
- Review of the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution System;
- European Trade Mark System reform;
- European Digital Single Market Strategy;
- General Data Protection Regulation;
- European Union Trade Secret Directive;
- The effect of Brexit on IP rights protection in Europe.